Since 2007, Pooley Accounting Services has provided day-to-day accounting services to small businesses, non-profit organizations, and individuals. We are established and continue to grow because we are trusted by clients to deliver quality, accurate work and give sound business advice to help them grow.
Professionally interact with clients, discuss their needs, and solve their accounting issues. Attend important meetings, follow up through phone and email conversations. Address potential problems in a timely way.
Ability to work independently, setting your own appointments based on client needs and managing projects and deadlines. Retain customers with excellent and accurate service. Self-education and research on financial situations, solutions, and problem-solving.
Technical Accounting Skills
Bookkeeping and accounting, typically in QuickBooks software. Bill pay, prepare information for tax preparation and for others to audit, reconcile bank & credit card statements, online banking for clients, and perform accounting reviews for clients who do their own bookkeeping.
Attend monthly staff meetings and personal meetings with president. Manage and follow-up with company email. Report working and billable hours. Report any client financial issues. Knowledge sharing and problem-solving with coworkers. Frequent communication with president and managers. Document client information and share with coworkers. Communicate client needs and problems and follow through to be sure action is taken.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Organized – loves systems and procedures. Enjoys recordkeeping and planning.
- Data Analyst – likes to examine the facts to make important decisions.
- Follows through – “loves to finish what has been started”.
- Loves helping clients – “goes above and beyond” to make sure clients are satisfied.
- Likes to create your own schedule and is good at managing your time and priorities.
- Likes to anticipate, analyze, and solving problems – “digs in to get to the bottom of it”
- Diplomatic – “can work through just about anything with just about anyone”
- Direct and proactive communication to get to the bottom of issues.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office, internet, and high-level QuickBooks knowledge.
- Able to pass a drug screening and background check.
- Accounting or business related degree AND/OR 5 years accounting experience.
- 2-3 years hands-on QuickBooks experience.
- Verifiable references.
- Reliable transportation for local travel to client offices when necessary.
- Flexible hours – we’ll work with you.
- Work from home and at client offices in metro St. Louis area.
- Monthly staff meeting.
- Hours are based on billable time, some travel time, and administrative time in your own office
- IRA / retirement program with 3% company match.
To arrange a confidential interview send your resume, salary history, and a cover letter explaining why you should be considered to: email@example.com or fill out the form on this page and upload your files there.
All resumes with cover letters will be personally reviewed by the owner.